If you are of geek type and have experimented by rooting your phone, rooting your Android device gives you access to a wider variety of apps and a deeper access to the Android system and you have been loading various ROMs onto your device, OR you have purchased a non-OHA device ( like cheap devices shipped from China)then these applications will be notably missing.This guide will explain how to Download and Install Google Apps on your device.
In case You don’t know Google Apps thing, and what does it affect? It includes applications which people have come to associate with Android devices, such as the
- GMail application.
- Google Maps, Navigation.
- Google Talk.
- Car Dock.
- Google Account Syncing (including Picasa / Contact / Calendar sync).
- Google Voice.
- Street View.
- Voice Search.
Google Gapps (or Google Apps as they are meant) are the proprietary applications by Google included in many Android devices. These are the core Google apps that are found in almost all phones and tablets. Most of the Gapps Google applications can now be found and updated via the Google Play Store. Although You can still install and run Android without these devices and everything works fine, but it’s not quite the same if you are used to these applications.
Why google apps don’t run on Rooted Phones
Devices that come with Google’s Play Store and other apps installed must pass Google’s Android “Compatibility Test Suite” for that purpose SafetyNet is used to detect whether your device is rooted or not.Rooting a device or installing a custom ROM prevents a device from being “CTS Compatible”. SO if a device is Not CTS compatible SafetyNet API can block Google apps in no time. so we will see how to Download and Install Google Apps.
How to Download and Install Google Apps on Rooted Phone
Fortunately, there are many ways to overcome that problem, but generally little restrictions on the user to load google’s apps onto devices. Thanks to those who have packaged the above mentioned Google Apps into packages, ready for people to install onto their devices. Here is how you do it.
In this article we will assume you have Root Access and a Custom Recovery. If not, we have guides on how to root your Android device and how to install a custom recovery.
Note: When installing GApps, you’ll want to make sure that you install the version that matches your Android ROM. For example, if you are running Android 5.0 lollipop, download and install GApps for Lollipop.
We are assuming you have Root Access and a Custom Recovery.
Steps To Download and Install Google Apps:
- Download GApps Here.
- Boot into recovery using your recovery combo buttons.If you want to get right to it, Hold Vol Down + Power for 5 seconds (this step is probably different for every phone).
- You can also reboot into recovery through ADB, by using “adb reboot recovery” command, or use an application such as Quick Boot to boot into recovery
- Once you are in recovery, select “Install”.
- Browse to downloaded GApps in SD card and select it.
- Then Swipe Left to Flash.
- After the install is complete, back out and clear your cache.(if you have checked clear cache then there is no need to do again.
- Clear the cache, reboot your phone.
If any of the above methods are not working , please feel free to contact us from our Contact page, Facebook, Twitter or on Google+.