About Huawei Honour 8 Lite
Huawei Honor 8 Lite a masterpiece of innovation equipped with splendid and eye-catching design and display, available in different variants like PRA-LA1, PRA-AL00, PRA-AL00X, and PRA-TL10.Huawei honor 8 lite has 5.2 inches full HD LTPS display with ultra responsive capacitive touchscreen. Moreover, the body is protected by the 2.5D curved glass to avoid uncertain scratches. Huawei Honour 8 lite is Powered by 1.7GHz Octa-core processor which is running on Kirin 655 chipset. Octa-core processor makes full use of 4GB RAM which makes it immensely fast and can run all large applications smoothly.
Huawei Honor 8 Lite has 64GB of built-in memory and can be expanded up to 128 GB with external micro SD card which helps you to utilize the additional space for keeping files and applications.Being Dual SIM integrated, Huawei Honor 8 Lite has made your life easy by getting connected with two SIMs at a time with hybrid sim slot you can switch between secondary sim or micro SD card in case you want some extra space.A single camera of 12 megapixels is fitted on the rear of Huawei Honor 8 Lite and 8-megapixel front designed for better selfies with various filters and pro camera features to boost the photography.The Huawei Honor 8 Lite runs Android Nougat 7.0 Operating System.
Warning! Read before Proceed
- This could void the warranty on your device. We won’t be held responsible for anything that happens from doing this tutorial so please proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your phone has at least 60-70% battery to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- This method is tested on Huawei Honor 8 lite varients PRA-LA1, PRA-AL00, PRA-AL00X, and PRA-TL10.
- You should backup the data before rooting the device just in case you want to apply a hard reset and return the device to the state that it was in before you started.
- PC with Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10
- USB cable.
- Minimal Adb and Fastboot.
- OEM unlocking in the developer options active.
- Huawei HiSuite (installs all necessary drivers).
- Download the TWRP recovery file for Honor 8 Lite from here.
Main Steps To Root Huawei Honor 8 lite
- Unlock Bootloader.
- Install TWRP.
- Flash SuperSU.
How To Unlock Huwai Honor 8 lite Bootloader
To Unlock Bootloader See: Complete guide to unlock the bootloader of any Huawei Device.
Note: Assuming you have successfully unlocked bootloader we will proceed further.
How To Install TWRP Huawei Honor 8 lite
Requirements To Install Custom Recovery
- Unlocked bootloader.
- Enable OEM unlock (go to settings -> developer options -> enable OEM unlock).
Steps To Install TWRP:
- Download TWRP (Link is given above).
- Rename “Huawei-Honor-8-lite-twrp-3.1.1-0.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to ADB folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB) .
- Connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by below command in CMD window (to open cmd type “cmd” in address bar of file explorer and press enter in ADB folder)
adb reboot bootloader
- Now type the following command in fastboot mode to flash TWRP into Honor 8 lite.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After this, you have successfully installed Custom recovery (TWRP) on Huawei Honor 8 lite. reboot
- Now Unplug your phone and boot into Recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Power and follow the remaining process of Root.
How To Install SuperSU On Huawei Honor 8 lite
- Download SuperSU by chainfire .
- Copy zip file to your SD card.
- Reboot to recovery, press and hold Volume Up + Power ( in case you haven’t already).
- After booting into TWRP “Swipe to allow modifications“.
- Click Install and locate zip file.
- Check Reboot after Install and swipe again (It will take some time to install).
- Done, Your Huawei Honour 8 lite is rooted now.
Install any root checker application from play store to check root access after that see SuperSU app in your app drawer to manage root permissions for apps and services on your device.